Saturday 8 June 2019



Emilie Pine's tooth-grittingly personal collection of personal essays, Notes to Self, is our Book of the Week this week. Addressing addiction, fertility, sexual violence and depression, Notes to Self is raw, funny and honest (and surprisingly uplifting). 
>>"I wrote the essay I needed to read.
>> The catharsis of candour. 
>>"Why can't I let go more often?"
>>“After years of teaching Beckett plays, I am finally living in one.
>> "Silence is a killer."
>> '1916 and Me.'
>>“Everybody has to decide on the way they want to tell their own story from their own perspective.
>>"I've been asked to be the token woman."
>>The book is published by the exemplary tiny Irish publisher Tramp Press.
>>Tramp Press on throwing the book at sexism
>>Click and collect.
>>Another edition

No comments:

Post a Comment